So the high level steps for getting the MIMWAL into your environment are as follows:
- Take the compiled code and deploy it to your target MIM / FIM Service and Portal servers
- Verify the successful implementation of the MIMWAL
1. Configure Build/Developer Computer
There are a number of steps required to be completed on the Build/Developer Computer:
- Run the msix.exe against the FIMService_x64_KB2906832.msp file (screenshot below).
- Using Windows Explorer, open “MSDN.cab” from the extracted hotfix.
The descriptions of the three versions are below:
- Mount the SDK .ISO as a local drive on your computer.
- Using Windows Explorer. open .\Setup\WinSDKNetFxTools\cab1.cab
2. Deploy to your Target FIM Service/Portal Computers
3. Verify the installation of the MIMWAL
Step 5 – Verify event log WAL event: Pretty easy to find (screen shot below).